Full-time, exempt position with excellent benefits. Salary Range $75,000—$80,000 DOQ.
Predominately Monday—Friday, 9 am—5 pm. Occasional evenings and weekends will be required.
The Development Director oversees and will grow our individual and corporate donor relations program and manage all fundraising initiatives including overseeing grant seeking, proposal development and reporting requirements. Responsible for directing fundraising campaigns and events, as well as annual and planned giving stewardship programs. Reports directly to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with
• Grow our major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
• Oversee grant seeking including research, tracking and report writing with occasional grant writing
(working with a grant writer on the team).
• Develop a planned giving program.
• Direct the annual fund program, including annual appeals and direct mail.
• Direct special initiatives campaigns such as capital improvement fund.
• Coordinate fundraising special events.
• Direct employee fundraising drives.
• Oversee prospect research.
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the agency with the
• Attend occasional Board of Director meetings and other committees.
• Support fundraising and database tracking work.
• Oversee marketing collateral to support fundraising activities and communications.
• Maintain gift recognition activities.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BA degree in Business Administration, Non-Profit Management or related field. 5+ years of fundraising and
grant development experience required.
Read and interpret federal, state and county grant and contract requirements including proposal and reporting submissions, accessing portals and retrieval and interpretations of RFP’s. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of current/potential donors, grantees/grantors, board members and at community events.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs including ability to assist with agency budget grant allocations.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Advance working knowledge and proficiency with M.S. Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications including Publisher.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, including regular use of keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
If interested, please email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
Ain Dah Yung Center
1089 Portland Avenue
St. Paul, Minnesota 55104
Fax is available at (651) 224-5136.