Daga Wiidookawishinaam (Please help us)
An average stay in the Emergency Shelter is a little over a month and some youth stay in our care for up to five months. The Emergency Shelter Program is always in need of new and gently used clothing, personal hygiene items and school supplies. During the summer months our youth really enjoy outside activities such as rollerblading, fishing, bicycling, and skateboarding.
Your donations will allow us to not only provide appropriate services to our youth but also allow them to enjoy many activities.
Personal Hygiene Basket:
Donated items must be new and unused. Please no sample-size /travel size items.
- Body and Face Soap
- Toothbrushes/Toothpaste, teeth whitening products
- Body and Face Lotion
- Deodorant, tweezers, nail clippers
- Black hair care products, hairspray, hair grease/gel
- Brushes, combs, hair binders, hair dryer, flat iron, curling iron
- Razors/Shaving Cream
- First Aid Kits, Band-Aids, anti-biotic ointment
- Acne medications
Basic Clothing Basket:
Donated items can be new or gently used. Please no stained, ripped, torn, or worn thru fabrics.
- Socks, underwear, bras (sport bras are best)
- Pack of white t-shirts or muscle shirts
- Slippers and flip flops
School Supplies Basket:
- Notebooks (Wide Ruled; College Ruled for High School)
- 3-Ring Binders
- Markers & Crayons
- Colored Pencils/Watercolors
- Kleenex Box
- Duffel bags
- Bowling shoes
- Swimming toys
- School supplies
- Tennis rackets
- Children’s art supplies
- Children’s books (picture and chapter books)
Please coordinate with Kurt Hanson at 651.227.4184 ext. 18 or email@example.com. Please do not leave donations at the door, try connecting with someone inside the building.